About the Firm
Forshier Law is a small firm committed to providing you with practical, personal, professional legal advice and representation.
Forshier Law provides you with a dual professional, a Registered Nurse & Attorney. This unique combination ensures optimal representation on the intersecting issues of law and medicine. With years of healthcare experience, this firm understands the complex medical and legal issues faced by clients.
With the low overhead of a small firm, your representation will be handled in a cost effective and efficient manner. Forshier Law utilizes a flat fee agreement for most of our clients. This way you know the cost of representation up front, no hourly or by-the-minute fees. No surprises—a flat fee will be quoted in the initial phone call.
After working as a Registered Nurse in a major Twin City Hospital for over 25 years, Barbara returned to Law school and subsequently founded Forshier Law, L.L.C.
Her background in nursing includes working in post-surgical special care, intensive care (ICU), pre-surgery and the post-anesthesia care unit (PACU). Prior to law school, she returned to Augsburg College to complete her BSN. Even though she continued to work and raise her daughters during this period, she graduated Summa Cum Laude and was nominated, then chosen, to be the weekend class representative and hence the commencement speaker at graduation.
As an RN, Barbara continually advocated for safe patient staffing in the areas where she worked. In addition to her nursing duties, she represented the nurses at her hospital by twice serving on the Minnesota Nurses Association (MNA) contract negotiation team, a skill which she continued in law school by earning her Dispute Resolution Certificate awarded by Hamline University School of Law. She is also a qualified neutral under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice.
Upon graduating from Hamline University School of Law, Barbara was awarded a Judicial Clerkship, working for Judge Steven D. Wheeler in Ramsey County. In this position she was fortunate to work through several judicial rotations including civil, probate and family/juvenile law.
Because of her extensive medical background Barbara is an excellent advocate for your medical-legal issues. Her kind, caring, and compassionate style have carried into her role as an attorney.
- J.D., Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Honors: Dean’s List
- B.S.N., Augsburg College, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Member
- Weekend Class Representative/ Commencement Speaker
- A.D., Nursing, Lakewood Community College, White Bear Lake, Minnesota with Honors
- Minnesota Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- Registered Nurse
- Certified Ambulatory Perianesthesia Nurse (CAPA) / Certified Perianesthesia Nurse (CPAN)
- Public Health Nurse
- Rule 114 Qualified Neutral:
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota Women’s Lawyers (MWL)
- Minnesota Defense Lawyer's Association (MDLA)
- The American Association of Nurse Attorneys (TAANA)
- Minnesota Nurses Association (MNA)
- American Society of Perianesthesia Nurses
Past Volunteer Commitments
- Ramsey County Bar - Judges Dinner Committee
- Wills for Hero’s
- Minnesota Nurses Association Board of Directors - Director
- Minnesota Bar Association Solo/Small firm council member