- Curriculum Vitae
After working as a Registered Nurse in a major Twin City Hospital for over 25 years, Barbara returned to Law school and subsequently founded Forshier Law, LLC.
Her background in nursing includes working in post-surgical special care, intensive care (ICU), pre-surgery and the post-anesthesia care unit (PACU). Prior to law school, she returned to Augsburg College to complete her BSN. Even though she continued to work and raise her daughters during this period, she graduated Summa Cum Laude and was nominated, then chosen, to be the weekend class representative and hence the commencement speaker at graduation.
As an RN, Barbara continually advocated for safe patient staffing in the areas where she worked. In addition to her nursing duties, she represented the nurses at her hospital by serving on the Minnesota Nurses Association (MNA) contract negotiation team four times. Negotiation and Mediation is a skill that she specialized in during law school by earning her Dispute Resolution Certificate awarded by Hamline University School of Law.
Upon graduating from Hamline University School of Law, Barbara was awarded a Judicial Clerkship, working for Judge Steven D. Wheeler in Ramsey County. In this position, she was fortunate to work through several judicial rotations including civil, probate and family/juvenile law.
Because of her extensive medical background, Barbara is an excellent advocate for your medical-legal issues. Her kind, caring, and compassionate style have carried into her role as an attorney.
Licenses & Certifications
- Registered Nurse
Retired Certified Perianesthesia Nurse (CPAN)
- Retired Certified Ambulatory Perianesthesia Nurse (CAPA)
- Public Health Nurse
- J.D., Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Honors: Dean’s List
- B.S.N., Augsburg College, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Member
- Weekend Class Representative/ Commencement Speaker
- A.D., Nursing, Lakewood Community College, White Bear Lake, Minnesota
- With Honors
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota Women’s Lawyers (MWL)
- Minnesota Defense Lawyer’s Association (MDLA)
- The American Association of Nurse Attorneys (TAANA)
- Retired Minnesota Nurses Association (MNA)
Current & Past Volunteer Commitments
Nurses Peer Support Network “NPSN” – Board of Directors
- Ramsey County Bar – Judges Dinner Committee
- Wills for Heroes
- Minnesota Nurses Association – Board of Directors
- Minnesota Nurses Association, Governmental Affairs Commission – Chair and Commissioner
- Minnesota Bar Association Solo/Small firm – Council Member